Sunday, December 5, 2010

things on my mind

So I don't forget:

Kylar
Blake
Work

Ok...

Kylar
So my husband and I have decided that Kylar is on a mission to destroy our house. I'm one of those "why pick it up when he's just gonna get it right back out" kind of people, so I refuse to pick up after him until he has gone to sleep. If it's really disastrous I'll tidy up a bit, but until then, our house is a toddler warpath. I haven't posted a blog in ages...did I mention that he's walking?! He took his first steps before he was 9 months old, and it became his preferred modality shortly after. Our house hasn't seen peace since ;-)

I used to leave a small selection of toys in each room...but as I'm sure most of you with children know that in a toddler's mind, what good is a toy when there are REAL things to play with?!!!!!! We decided to not babyproof the house (other than the outlets). Our thinking is how will they learn their limits if everything is pushed out of their way. That worked all of about 2 minutes once the walking started. We soon got cabinet locks. Blake did, however, leave the tupperware cabinet as a free-for-all. It didn't take Kylar long to figure out which one in which he had access. I usually re-wash all of that cabinet's contents every few days because those items are usually covered in slobber or snot...or both.

Now I just supervise whatever he's playing with when we're in my room/bathroom or the laundry room (Kylar thinks hangers are pretty great, too!). Basically, at the end of the day, the only word that comes to mind is EXHAUSTED!!


Blake
I love it when my hubby teaches me something new! Of course I had to be a little skeptical at first (Please keep in mind that I'm always right, lol!) but the wonderful world of the internet confirmed this enlightening news. Milk makes congestion worse. We're all running rampant with a cold/ear/sinus yuck. Blake asked me to make him a big glass of chocolate milk. I obliged. He made some comment about milk being bad for you when you have a cold/ear/sinus yuck. Bewilderment ensued. After telling him that I was pretty sure that said cold/ear/sinus yuck was driving him bonkers, I checked it out. Pretty much everything I saw confirmed his theory. I think it may be one of those unconfirmed deals that varies from person to person, but at least I learned something new!

Work
I was going to rant about work. But I'm not. I will say this: During this terrible economic situation we're in, I'm so thankful to God for having a job. I'm so thankful for a job that allows me to stay at home with my boy. I'm so thankful that my husband has a great job that provides us with a house, food, insurance, and an occasional treat!! I'm so thankful for these things...even if I can't wear anything to make me feel pretty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment